Oudh Noire by West Third Brand

Agarwood, Patchouli, Red Rose, Sandalwood, Benzoin, Jasmine, Teakwood, Balsam, Cardamom, Vanilla, Musk.

I've decided to focus, as of late, on indie houses that are garnering some attention. I've heard some positive things about West Third Brand and decided to investigate for myself. I've chosen to begin with Oudh Noire due to oud being a problematic note for some.

I've applied 2 sprays of Oudh Noire about an hour ago. The opening is bright without any heaviness whatsoever. You can smell the triumvirate of Oud-Rose-Jasmine immediately and as the life of the scent progresses, the only changes I detect are this opening accord dissipating into a personal space scent and the introduction of mild wood, balsamic and earth tones.

Oudh Noire has a light nature without conceding its soul. West Third Brand seems to rely on the opposite approach taken by upcoming artisan perfumers who build their creations with density. Still, I find myself getting decent longevity. The upside is that this particular brand will not "wear" you. To over-apply this, it would have to be done deliberately. I could, in good conscience, recommend this as an office oud. I've heard it said about this fragrance that it is an oud for people who don't really like oud. I have to agree with that assessment.


Oudh Noire, on my skin, is a rendition of Oud, Rose and Jasmine that cannot possibly be tuned any lower and still be noticeable. It's not weak, it's simply designed to radiate only so much off your skin, yet is very pleasant up close and personal. For people who use fragrances on a regular, if not daily basis, I think it would be safe to say that scents of all strength-tiers are useful. Sometimes light and transparent is the perfect choice, while other times you want an azz kicker and you reach for that. Oudh Noire falls into the lighter and more lucid camp.

Sillage is moderate at first, then quickly morphs into a close scent. Longevity is approximately 5 hours or more before reapplication. Thumbs up from Aromi for West Third Brand's Oudh Noire. As always, a sample wear is highly recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited