Gucci Oud by Gucci

Pear, Raspberry, Saffron, Bulgarian Rose, Orange Blossom, Oud, Patchouli, Amber, Musk.

You would think, by the listed notes at least, that this offering would tilt feminine. On my skin however, I would say this is as shared as you can get; not to mention an interesting take on the genre.

I have to admit that I wasn't expecting to like this as much as I do. Gucci Oud sits in the middle of the gender line and has a conservative volume and presence. The overall scent is linear and the oud is very detectable from the moment you apply it. The fruit, floral and saffron notes accent the oud note during the top and heart, only to be joined by a subtle resin and musk during the base and drydown.

The Raspberry note is integrated nicely here. I recently reviewed a masculine fragrance with a well tuned Raspberry and either I have found a new note that I didn't realized I liked........or........I've been fortunate to sample two fragrances that have a well done rendition of it. Either way, I like what I smell and the note genuinely compliments the oud here in Gucci.

Don't expect a sillage monster or an oud with projection enough to annoy people around you. This isn't boisterous, but is substantial nonetheless. Longevity is approximately 5 hours, but the skin scent lingers much longer. Thumbs up from Aromi for Gucci Oud and as always, a sample wear is recommended before purchase.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited