Black Silver by MCM

Bergamot, Lavender, Lemon, Mandarin'
Cedar, Cyclamen, Geranium, Jasmine, Rose, Sandalwood.
Musk, Tonka Bean, Vetiver, Vanilla.

Years ago when I tried Black Silver, I honestly did not like it whatsoever. I seem to have an affinity for this house that started with my becoming acquainted with Success. This caused me to try, like and then purchase others like 24 Hour Morning and Evening.

Hence Black Silver entering my wardrobe, due to a blind purchase, based on confidence from the aforementioned fragrances. I admit to being very disappointed with it and relegating its use more as free samples to friends, before shoving it to the back of the line.

Recently,something made me bust out Black Silver, blow the dust off it and give it another whirl. Now, I can begin this review by stating that in no wise do I love it, but I find it much more wearable than I did in the past. There's something to the fact that we all change and that our tastes evolve along with us.

The most striking aspect I find wearing Black Silver is the combination of Lavender, Cyclamen and Musk. It's one of those groupings that has me continually sniffing it, regardless of whether or not I actually enjoy the accord. Addictive perhaps or maybe strangely intriguing, these three are the standouts on my skin. While not my favorite overall aroma, it is compelling enough to warrant discussion. From the opening blast, there's quite a bit going on in this dense brew. Citrus paves the way for an almost immediate introduction of Lavender, Woods, Ozone, Herbs and Balsam. Not your conventional masculine by a long shot.


It doesn't take Black Silver very long for hints of earth,resin and vanilla to creep into the composition. Augmenting all this is a gourmand quality that I can't quite put my finger on, so it's safe to say that there's complexity here that went unappreciated the first time around by yours truly.

Now, I'm not going to run out and buy a bottle to put back in my wardrobe. However, if I came across one cheaply at auction, I suppose I'd pull the trigger. Black Silver seems to be a scent that I'd enjoy visiting with, from time to time, while I relaxed at home. I have numerous others I enjoy wearing much more, yet they are less interesting. It seems Black Silver is a conundrum for me and I'm persuaded to believe it shall remain that way.

Sillage is good with longevity approximately 3 hours on me before evolving into a skin scent. Neutral rating from Aromi for MCM's Black Silver and a strong suggestion to sample before purchase.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited