Keiko Mecheri Musc ( old packaging )

Iris, Jasmine, Amber, Crystal Musk, Sandalwood.

I'm a fan of Keiko Mecheri's deft touch. That seems to be her signature and I deem her to be extremely talented. Her rendition of Musc has me undecided however and I've been in this state for quite some time. I own a bottle of this and while it possesses all the markers of subtlety and understated elegance, it lacks some important factors as well.

I suppose that intangible quality that permits any fragrance to exist in the arena of interesting or even quirky is AWOL here. Perhaps bland would be a more appropriate description, yet Musc still has its redeeming qualities. It's low key and pleasant personality is just what the doctor ordered for some and simply not enough for others.

Keiko Mecheri Musc opens with a genuinely transparent layer of Iris, Jasmine and Woods. The first few minutes of close-to-the-body sprays seems to work best on me. It surely has more heft applying it this way and those three players are predominant while being underscored by an incremental Musc.

Regardless of notes that aren't listed in the accords, what is listed is accurate to me. Musc is as linear as it would appear and the transition I experience is presence and volume dissipating as time lapses. On one hand, this fragrance is polite and smells pleasant enough. On the other hand, it never grabs my attention on any level and seems best suited for those who want to wear scent while going unnoticed. It can be worn by either gender, so it may perform well for those who lean toward versatile and soft.

Sillage is moderate with longevity approximately 4 hours on me. Half of that is a skin scent. Neutral rating from Aromi for one of my favorite perfumers and her rendition of Musc. As always, a sample wear is highly recommended.


Comments

  1. Nice post, very useful blogs with very useful information, thank you for sharing this post old packaging.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited