True Religion Drifter

Cardamom, Blackberry, Pear, Grapefruit, Ginger.
Rosemary, Juniper Berry, Apricot.
Guaiac, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Amber.

Some of the enjoyment I derive from trying contemporary releases stems from the price point I usually find them for and that they are in my locale. It's cheap, convenient and the most I have to lose is a little free time and a few dollars. Even the ones I find unsatisfying aren't really a financial loss. I can always flip them "used" on ebay ( eventually ) and get some ( if not all ) of it back.

What I have to gain is the obvious; scoring a cheap, underrated and under appreciated fragrance for peanuts. Drifter falls in the "gain" category, although I don't consider it a terrific scent. It's simply good for it's price and that's good enough for me.

The totality of its heart and base afford me a musk quality, while the opening has me believing I'm experiencing mandarin. Neither are listed, but that means absolutely nothing since fragrance lies in the nose of the wearer.

The opening accord is a refreshing citric rendition with fruits and spices. The ratio of grapefruit comes off as orange on my skin, but it's my favorite part of the wearings. In spite of the listed notes being blurred, it's very pleasant and the "musk" aspect is churning underneath after about 5 minutes. There's assorted aromatics in this brew, accented by balsam, woods and fruit.

Drifter gives me the feeling of being outdoors on a clear day, enjoying an array of smells from my immediate surroundings. It's the citrus and spicy woods that are allowing this perception, but perhaps you'd experience something much different than I.

I'm not much of a "drifter" these days, although in my youth I was overly spontaneous. Drifter the fragrance may not conjure up anything for you readers, but it painted a pleasant picture for me. Sillage is moderate with longevity being deceiving as it remains a skin scent for quite some time. Conventional longevity was approximately 3-4 hours on me. Thumbs up from Aromi for True Religion's Drifter and as always, a strong recommendation to sample before purchase.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited