Guess for Men by Marciano

Have you ever run into a fragrance that, once you wore it once, maybe even twice, you simply didn't give a rat's %$# what the accords consisted of?  You don't often hear me denigrate a fragrance because I try to find "some" redeeming traits in all of them, if at all possible.

Well, Guess for Men by Marciano has succeeded in nudging me over to the dark side. Years ago, there was a song by ( I believe ) Randy Newman called "Short people have no reason to live". Naturally, it was tongue in cheek, controversial and amusing. It has me pondering whether Guess for Men should indeed have a reason to exist.

Wearing, smelling and then trying to muster the energy for analyzing what I just sprayed on my skin is a frustrating deal. I'm not inspired enough to even research what they "claim" are the listed notes.

I experience a short lived citric-marine-ozone concoction that quickly evolves into a musty, peppery musk. Perhaps it's my skin, but there's a borderline B.O. aspect that's reminiscent of when you've over-exerted yourself repeatedly and you're almost at that point of exuding a noticeable armpit aroma. Guess for Men seems content to curtail its evolution here and showcase what I've already described as peppery musk with a hint of rubber. Thankfully, the sillage and longevity are as disappointing and for that, I am grateful. It goes without saying that I don't recommend this scent and if you're going to live dangerously, at least take the precautionary approach and sample first. You just may dig the stale musk and rubbery pepper.

Comments

  1. This review is so funny, Aromi! I feel more or less the same about Guess for women--a major abstract meh for me...the perfect female counterpart to what you have described... ;-)

    Happy New Year, Bro! Keep on sniffin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sherapop !!! Whazzup girlfriend??? Nice to hear from you and glad to see you're still chuggin along, writing your excellent observations and musings.

    It sounds to me like I will avoid the women's version because I believe you completely !!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited